ENG POL RUS UKR
You are here: Main > Wheel Rims > Hayes Lemmerz
Brand
Diameter
Types
Models

Hayes Lemmerz

About Links News

History

1908
Clarence Hayes establishes Hayes Wheels and begins production of wooden wheels for the Ford Model T.

1909
John Kelsey and John Herbert establish K.H. Wheel Company.

1919
Lemmerz begins producing wheels in Königswinter, Germany.

1921
Johann Lemmerz invents a multi-piece removable rim attached by five screws.

1924
Lemmerz begins production of original equipment disc wheels for the Opel Laubfrosch.

1927
Hayes Wheels and K.H. Wheel merge to form Kelsey-Hayes Wheel Corporation.

1934
Kelsey-Hayes invents the drop center steel rim wheel, which becomes the industry standard.

1939
Lemmerz begins producing wheels with square profile wheel discs, which require less material than prior designs.

1940’s
Kelsey-Hayes produces machine guns and equipment for tanks during World War II.

1946
Paul Lemmerz invents a four-piece pressed high-load square-shoulder rim for commercial vehicles.

1955
Kelsey-Hayes develops the first aluminum wheel, consisting of a forged aluminum center with a steel rim, for the Cadillac El Dorado.

1956
Lemmerz establishes a mill in Königswinter, Germany for the manufacture of sheet steel, becoming the first automotive wheel manufacturer in the world with its own steel supply.

1959
Kelsey-Hayes establishes its headquarters at Romulus, Michigan and consolidates steel wheel production consolidated at the new location.

1959
Lemmerz begins production of automobile wheels using the “rivetless riveting method.”

1960
Lemmerz establishes Lemmerz Española S.A

1962
Lemmerz establishes Lemmerz de Mexico.

1963
Kelsey-Hayes produces the first cast aluminum wheel for the 1963 Corvette.

1966
Kelsey-Hayes acquires a 30% interest in K-H Venezuela, a steel wheel manufacturer.

1968
Lemmerz establishes Borlem S.A. Empriendimentos Industriais, a joint venture established to produce steel wheels in Brazil.

1973
Freuhauf Trailer purchases Kelsey-Hayes.
Lemmerz begins production of disc wheels with one-piece rims.

1978
Kelsey-Hayes opens a steel wheel plant Sedalia, Missouri.
Lemmerz acquires alloy casting works in Belgium and the Netherlands and establishes Lemmerz België N.V.

1980
Kelsey-Hayes acquires ET Mags, an aftermarket aluminum wheel producer.
Lemmerz begins mass production of automobile disc wheels from sheet aluminum, resulting in significant weight reduction.

1981
Kelsey-Hayes enters joint venture with Nippon Light Metal to produce aluminum wheels in Howell, Michigan.

1984
Kelsey-Hayes acquires the Western Wheel aluminum wheel business from Rockwell International and K-H de España, a Spanish aluminum wheel manufacturer.

1985
Kelsey-Hayes acquires the Huntington, Indiana aluminum wheel facility from CMI International, Inc.
Kelsey-Hayes acquires 50% interest in FPS European aluminum wheels and increases ownership to 75% in 1988 and 100% in 1992.
FPS acquires 49% interest in FPS-Brazil, which manufactures aluminum wheels in Brazil.

1986
Kelsey-Hayes establishes a joint venture with Chuo Seiki and Toyota to make steel wheels in Kentucky.

1987
Lemmerz establishes Lemmerz Magna Industries Inc. in Canada.

1988
FPS acquires Campiglione, Italy facility from Fiat.
Western Wheel and Nippon Light Metal establish a joint venture to export aluminum wheels to Japan.

1989
Varity acquires Kelsey-Hayes.

1991
Lemmerz acquires Steel Wheels Ltd. in Great Britain and establishes Lemmerz UK Ltd.
Lemmerz enters license agreement with Siam Cement Co Ltd. to produce aluminum wheels in Thailand.
Lemmerz is awarded a Steel Innovation Award for a steel wheel with a crossed spoke design.

1992
Hayes Wheels International, Inc., the wheel business of the former Kelsey-Hayes, completes an initial public offering of its shares.
Lemmerz establishes Lemmerz Inçi A.S., a Turkish steel wheel joint venture.
Lemmerz enters license agreements with NF-Die Ltd to produce aluminum wheels in South Africa and with Bharat Forge Ltd to produce steel wheels in India.

1993
Hayes Wheels acquires a 45% interest in steel wheel operations in Ostrava, Czech Republic and increases ownership to 100% in 1997.

1995
Hayes Wheels acquires a 40% interest in a joint venture for the production of steel and aluminum wheels in Mexico.
Lemmerz acquires an interest in Jantas Jant Sanayi A.S., a Turkish steel wheel joint venture.

1996
Hayes Wheels acquires Motor Wheel Corporation from Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company.

1997
Hayes Wheels acquires Lemmerz Holding GmbH to form Hayes Lemmerz International, Inc.
Hayes Lemmerz acquires the heavy-duty hub and drum and medium and heavy-duty steel wheel businesses of Bosch Braking Systems Corporation.

1998
Hayes Lemmerz acquires 51% of Automotive Overseas Investments Limited, the parent company of NF Die Casting (Pty) Ltd in South Africa.
Hayes Lemmerz acquires 100% of Alumitech, a joint venture shared with ASAHI Tech and Tomen.
Hayes Lemmerz acquires an additional 51.1% of Borlem S.A Empriendimentos Industriais.
Hayes Lemmerz acquires MIN-CER, S.A. de C.V., the largest manufacturer in Mexico of hubs, drums and steel wheels for heavy-duty trucks.
Hayes Lemmerz acquires an additional 60% of Kalyani Lemmerz Ltd. in India, bringing its ownership to 85%

1999
Hayes Lemmerz acquires CMI International, Inc.
Hayes Lemmerz moves into new world headquarters in Northville, Michigan.
Hayes Lemmerz acquires an additional 45% of Siam Lemmerz Co., Ltd., bringing ownership to 70%.
Hayes Lemmerz acquires Metaal Industrie Bergen B.V. (MIB) in the Netherlands.
Hayes Lemmerz establishes Hayes Lemmerz Alukola, a new aluminum wheel facility in the Czech Republic

2001
Curtis J. Clawson joins Hayes Lemmerz as President, CEO and Chairman of the Board.
Hayes Lemmerz announces the closure of its Petersburg, Michigan powertrain components facility and its Bowling Green, Kentucky steel wheel facility.
Hayes Lemmerz and certain subsidiaries file for voluntary Chapter 11 restructuring.

2002
Hayes Lemmerz sells the System Service Division, which operated five tire and wheel assemblyoperations.
Hayes Lemmerz acquires certain assets of Wheland Foundry, which produced Centrifuse commercial highway brake drums castings, in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Hayes Lemmerz announces closure of Somerset, Kentucky aluminum wheel facility.
Hayes Lemmerz sells Schenk foundry, located in Maulbronn, Germany, which produced parts for the automotive, motorcycle and electric industries.

2003
Hayes Lemmerz and its subsidiaries successfully emerge from voluntary Chapter 11 reorganization on June 3, 2003.
Hayes Lemmerz begins aluminum wheel expansions in Thailand, Brazil, and the Czech Republic.
Hayes Lemmerz acquires majority ownership of Jantas Jant Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S., a steel wheel joint venture in Manisa, Turkey.
Hayes Lemmerz sells Reliable Transportation Components (RTC), a warehouse serving the RV, utility and live stock trailer industry.
Hayes Lemmerz common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange (HAYZ) on December 2, 2003.
Hayes Lemmerz introduces the high-vent wheel system, Novachrome wheel and environmentally friendly Zinc Dust Brake coating.

2004
Hayes Lemmerz acquires Hayes Wheels Aluminio, an aluminum wheel plant in Chihuahua, Mexico and sells 40% interest in Hayes Wheels Acero, S.A. de C.V., a steel wheel company outside of Mexico City, Mexico.
Hayes Lemmerz forms Turkish aluminum wheel joint venture, Jantas Aliminyum Jant Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S, (a.k.a. Jantas Aluminum Wheels). Hayes Lemmerz owns 40% of the joint venture, with operations in Manisa, Turkey.
Hayes Lemmerz announces closure of its Howell, Michigan cast aluminum wheel facility.
Hayes Lemmerz announces expansion and improvements at its Gainesville, Georgia cast aluminum wheel facility.

2005
Hayes Lemmerz announces closure of its La Mirada, California aluminum wheel facility.
Hayes Lemmerz sells its aftermarket brake controller business to Hayes Brake Controller Company.
Hayes Lemmerz sells its Commercial Highway Hub and Drum business, which includes the operations in Berea, Kentucky; Chattanooga, Tennessee; and in Mexico City, Mexico, to Precision Partners Holding Co.
Hayes Lemmerz increases its ownership stake from 40% to 60% in its Turkish aluminum wheel joint venture.
Hayes Lemmerz sells its Equipment and Engineering subsidiary, located in Au Gres, Michigan to a group of private investors.
Hayes Lemmerz announces closure of its Campiglione, Italy aluminum wheel facility.
Hayes Lemmerz sells its Cadillac, Michigan ductile iron components foundry to a group of private investors.
Hayes Lemmerz announces capacity expansion of its commercial vehicle steel wheel facility in Chakan, India.

2006
Hayes Lemmerz sells its Southfield, Michigan ductile iron suspension components machining facility to a group of private investors.
Hayes Lemmerz announces closure of its Huntington, Indiana cast aluminum wheel facility.
Hayes Lemmerz enters into a technical license agreement with Tolyatinskiy Zavod Stalnih Kolyos (TZSK) of Togliatti, Russia, a manufacturer of automotive steel wheels.

2007 Hayes Lemmerz sells its aluminum suspension components facilities in Bristol, Indiana and Montague, Michigan to Diversified Machine Inc. and relocates its Automotive Components Group headquarters and Technical Center to Northville, Michigan.
Hayes Lemmerz completes capacity expansion in Chakan, India, and announces groundbreaking of a new passenger car steel wheel facility in India.
Hayes Lemmerz completes $193 million equity rights offering and private placement and related debt restructuring.
Hayes Lemmerz sells MGG Group, which produces heat exchangers, intake manifolds and other
cast aluminum components for the European market, to ECF-Group.
Hayes Lemmerz sells its Wabash, Indiana aluminum powertrain components facility to Harvey Industries.

Our phones
(044) 592-80-76
(098) 606-19-98
(066) 354-12-73
(063) 061-30-44
Consultant


ATTENTION!
www.iTyre.com sales on the territory of Ukraine only.

Ads